Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 10


Double O Arches
Moab, UT
Well! I got my happy ass up at 3am today! I drove to the arches to get some star shots. It is about a 20 minute drive up to the arches and the arch I went earlier in the day, isn't a far walk. During the day it was packed! It was great to go in the middle of the night. The stars and the milky way are just amazing! I couldn't believe my eyes. I worked on a time laps, I need to watch some tutorials on it. I found out that night to day time lapses are complicated. Ill work on that, but I did get one of the sun coming over the rocks.. which was pretty, but a little shotty. I shot until about 7:30am. I was pooped, I went back to the tent to nap for a while but it was hot as hell, so I just got about an hour in. I came into town to edit and write for yesterday and today.
I have been having dreams at night, the last two nights. Which means that I am getting used to camping and being outside pretty much 24/7. I have found comfortable ways to sleep and I have been sleeping harder- which is nice. When I first started my trip I was waking up at all hours of the night. At one point I had gone to sleep at about 10 and woke up at about 2:30am. Half asleep I kepting trying to change the function on my digital watch, thinking that it was on stopwatch or something. There was no way it was 2 am! It was disorienting. But now, I sleep almost all though the night. Happy Camper... literally. 

The girls I met yesterday went to a swimming hole close to here. Im going to go check that out and then hike to Delicate Arch, which is about a mile and a half. I am going to try and camp out there. So I can get some night/morning shots again without having to get up so early. Well see what happens. But Im out for the day and ready for some sunshine. Ill leave you with a few photos of the start shots I got last night! Sunset pics tomorrow! 

Here is the Moab time laps that needs some work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ViKpOrlGc

I love satellites! about 4:45am 

You know I love light writing!

About 7:30am Moab, UT

No comments:

Post a Comment