Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 12

Blank Canvas
I got up a little later than I usually do, it felt nice. I got my things together and went to a coffee shop to upload photos and edit them.. I intended on writing and posting but the internet was sooooo slow. It was killing me how slow it was. This was the second day that I had internet but was so slow I  couldn't post a thing! I may as well not have had it, what a tease! I uploaded my slot canyon night shots and it took an hour just to get them up... blahhhhh! Finally I was out of there.




 The drive to the Grand Canyon was nice. It was a pretty chill drive. No radio stations again, I finally remembered to put some songs on my itunes so I will have music when there is no service. Its all old but whatev- it is better than nothing! When I got to the GC, I got the feel of the park. Its pretty much a regular two lane highway that turns into the park. You can ride through and get to the other side and keep going to Flagstaff if you're on the South Rim. I decided to go to the South Rim because it was easier to get to and easier to my next step after that. It worked out perfect, because I was having a hard time deciding which to go to. I wanted to hike and camp to Havasu Falls, (on the North Rim) but you have to have a permit to be able to hike down to the bottom can camp and it takes a while to get. That is more of a planned trip food wise too. Where I ended up was just fine and awesome.

My Motto
 When I got there, I stopped off at all of the scenic points and looked at the amazing views. After a few stops, I went to go find camp. Camp in the park was $18- um no thanks. So I left the park, there is a national forest right outside of it. There are little county roads that you can camp on. They make it easy to get a good spot. I set up camp and made spaghetti- It was yummy:) When it got dark, I played with light some and then crashed. I was going to attempt to do a 6 mile hike into the canyon. Down three and up three. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment