Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 15 and 16

Day 15

Day 15 was super chill… I don't even think I took any photos. Is that okay? I kind of felt guilty, but I feel that sometimes you just need to have some memories that are only in your own brain.

I went to see an old friend in Southern California; we went to the beach in Oceanside and surfed a little bit. It was so nice out. It was hot but at the same time the wind has a slight chill, so you're never actually hot. I watched all the little kids build sand castles and scream and play. It felt good to sit in the sand play in the water! I love the oceanJ  Later we went to his house and watched the fight—US against Brazil? I think. I don't know, I don’t pay much attention to those kinds of things. It was a good fight, though, I always like good competition. I cooked dinner while it was on. It was so nice to cook a real meal! Yummm, I cooked a tenderloin with dirty rice and sliced up potatoes, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, and mushrooms baked with melted cheese on top. It was delish!

Day 16  

My friend had to work all day today, so I ran a few miles as well as did some crunches and pushups. I miss working out. I guess I have been going on hikes, but it’s not the same as going on a run and really working your self out. I miss being on routine as well. As much as I go with the wind, I do like having some sort of regiment. I feel that keeps you healthy.  


After that, I washed my car real well inside and out as well as took everything out and reorganized. It felt so nice to start over. I washed all my clothes and showered before I left. You learn quickly when you're on the road: if you have any opportunity to wash your clothes or take a shower, definitely make that happen! You never know when the next time for that is.  After I finished that, I long boarded the rest of the day. He’s got the perfect neighborhood for it.  When I ran I made a mental note of all of the good hills.  Man they are so much fun! I was out there for hours! Haha – You know I got some gopro action of it!  Dinner, shower, bed, and I’m out in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment